Come, meet the guys behind RENS, craft a solution for their problem and win awesome prizes!
Background - Rens? Who?
Rens is the first company in the world that make shoes from recycled coffee and plastic. Their Kickstarter campaign is currently the most successful campaign in Finnish history with over $550,316 in funding from 5,033 backers in 69 countries.
One of the reasons why their campaign was so successful is strong brand values. Here are their guiding brand values:
1. Rens makes apparel for the next generation of explorers, doers, dreamers, and world-changers. Rens is here to help them achieve their goals.
2. Rens is not an eco-brand but a brand that makes eco-choices. Rens minimizes their impact because it’s the right thing to do.
3. Rens is a bold advocate for tolerance, equality, the environment, and progress and this is what they represent proudly.
The problem is:
Most eco-friendly products are boring and mostly appeal to folks of age 30 or above. Rens wants your help in continuing to promote eco-friendly values to a large audience, so...
Imagine yourself as a Rens team member and figure out:
1. How would you make eco-friendly products/services/businesses/public figures...
-Bold and attractive
-Appeal to the young people
-Appeal to those who don’t even care about environmental matters
2. Benchmark with brands that have an eco-friendly mission and are successfully appealing to young people
3. What do Rens need to do AND to NOT do to achieve the same success as the brands you’ve found.
1. Prove your point/theory with facts and references, do not use vague words or guesses
2. Suggesting concrete, actionable steps are highly encouraged
3. Don’t restrict your bench marking to just clothing, apparel, or fashion. Think outside the (shoe) box
4. Present your work in slideshows, not an essay
-1 free pair of Rens after manufacturing
-A visit to Rens office and an internship at Rens to continue to develop the brand
-Opportunity to grow your career and build the Nordics' first sustainable sneaker brand
The challenge will officially kick off in our Xes Corner at 4pm. Tuesday 27.8. where you will also have a chance to meet the Rens team. They will tell more about their company and give you some tips and details about how to submit your work. (NOTE: All submissions should be sent the latest by 4pm Wednesday 28.8.)
As always, we will provide coffee and some snacks for you 🍪☕so come around to show us your skills and to expand your personal network!
Register for your free tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/one-of-us-challenge-with-rens-tickets-69632740401